PDA

View Full Version : Project Template

cgrover
2006-03-16, 05:36 AM
Through trial and error I think I know the answer to this question but I thought I'd ask since I might be missing something.

If a project is started based on a template and during the course of the project (multi-family housing, multiple buildings) you want to update the template will the projects started with the template update based on the revised template? My trials say no and this seems to make sense since older projects when opened down the road do not update and cause everything to be out of whack.

At the same time if we are working on a project which has 29 buildings in it and we want to create say a Elevation Notes Legend to be used for all 29 buildings what would be the best technique for the changes to be universal?

In advance, Thanks.

grover

iru69
2006-03-16, 05:56 AM
Not that I'm aware of. But you can of course use File > Transfer Project Standards to update you existing project(s) to the updated template. You'll have to do that manually for each project that needs to be updated.

I don't believe there's an easy way to automatically update legend either. You can copy and paste the contents of legends from one project to another. You can also group the contents of a legend and File > Save to Library... and then File > Load from Library into each project.

But I understand those aren't really solutions to what you're looking for.