PDA

View Full Version : Screen material

adegnan
2004-04-29, 09:38 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion for how to create a material to represent window screen on a screened porch? If you have a material setting you could post a jpg or attach a RVT model that I can import settings that would be great!!

beegee
2004-04-29, 09:46 PM
For a rendering, could you use a glass material and just tweak it ?

sbrown
2004-04-29, 11:41 PM
Go under any of the metals under accurender and you will see a satin, screen fine. Just modify that to suit your needs. You may want to scale it up or down change its color etc. Its basically just a mask, You can also easily just make a tile pattern that the lines are black and the material transparent.

adegnan
2004-04-30, 08:24 PM
Thanks, worked great!

I love being able to actually put together a roof that works, experiment with it and come up with the best solution for a mess like this!

Roger Evans
2004-04-30, 08:30 PM
Interesting Truss Design

Has this got a name or is it special to you?

Roger

adegnan
2004-04-30, 09:07 PM
Interesting Truss Design

Has this got a name or is it special to you?

Roger

It is simply recreating a detail on the existing home. This is a local farm house that we are doing an addition on-- it is no longer a farm house, it is in the middle of a subdivision since the farmer developed his land 30 years ago.

So I'm not sure if there is a name for it or not. But it is a nice looking house!

sbrown
2004-04-30, 10:54 PM
For the screen you might be better off using a new material, add a tile pattern to it and set the joint size very small, then transparency 100.