PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE HECK!

mlgatzke
2004-04-30, 02:44 AM
I just read the latest eAvaNews (an email newsletter from Avatech Solutions) and there's a short article in there as follows:

Take An Educational Trip To Revit City
Whether you’re a certified Revitaholic or just curious, Revit City is a site to check into. Loaded with articles and education resources, pattern and family galleries and a user forum, it’s a treasure trove of information made by and for the Revit user community.

WHAT THE HECK! Avatech promotes a user forum that's only been in existence a short period of time and overlooked (for some reason) ZDBB - a forum that's been in existence much longer and has the membership of Revit Development staff as well as the two founders of the application.

Wuz up widat?

beegee
2004-04-30, 02:47 AM
Actually I think RevitCity was there before ZDBB, but certainly it would have been polite to give us a mention also.

gregcashen
2004-04-30, 05:00 PM
Hmmm. I am glad they are not my reseller. Revit City, for all it's benefits, is not an educational trip by any means. If it has truly been around longer, then why are there only 932 posts in the forums? If that is the kind of education that Avatech is promoting, thank god for AEC Technologies!

G

P.S. at the time of this post, ZDBB now has over 23,000 posts; granted, something like 1000 are part of the "Thinking Man's Game" thread, which I can't even understand, but still...

P.P.S. No offense to Hiroshi here. He has done a good job of putting something he is passionate about together for the community. I am speaking purely objectively as a Revit user here.

Henry D
2004-04-30, 06:38 PM
Avatech is my reseller for ADT and Revit. I always have had to look elsewhere to get correct answers to my questions about Revit - they need to get up to speed.