PDA

View Full Version : Use Direct X 9.0!

Wes Macaulay
2004-04-30, 03:53 AM
Video card owners... especially those of you with newer cards with the "magnetic behaviour"... try updating to Direct X 9.0b (www.microsoft.com/directx)

Check your video card's requirements, too. Being male, I didn't read the directions and assumed I had Dx9. When my card didn't work, I realised I hadn't downloaded Dx9. Duh!

Let us know if this helps you. I'm posting in the General area to get your more exposure to this topic...

beegee
2004-04-30, 04:22 AM
A word of warning, as Wes says, check out your card throughly first.
For instance, most of the feature on directx9 are not supported on NVIDIA GeForce MX cards. And a recent press clip implies that while the new vVidia chips, NV25 and NV17 , are getting ready for launch next month, problems in DirectX 9 implementation mean that it's not clear whether the new chips will be able to fully utilize DirectX 9 either.

DirectX is a system component. It cannot be uninstalled without reinstalling your operating system (!).

( There is a German site that has an uninstaller that MAY work...
uninstalls DirectX from version 5 up to version 8.1 without any problems. This tool may also work properly on later DirectX versions (e.g. DirectX 9).