PDA

View Full Version : changing line weights of detail components

tim.101799
2006-03-20, 08:02 PM
How do you change / adjust the line weight of detail components. For example, I have a situation where there is some existing wood blocking that I would like to have a light pen weight, maybe even a grey shade. But I also have some new wood blocking that I want to have a heavy line weight. Do I need to creat two separate components for each type (exst / new), or can I use one components and change to lineweight on the fly as needed?

aaronrumple
2006-03-20, 09:22 PM
How do you change / adjust the line weight of detail components. For example, I have a situation where there is some existing wood blocking that I would like to have a light pen weight, maybe even a grey shade. But I also have some new wood blocking that I want to have a heavy line weight. Do I need to creat two separate components for each type (exst / new), or can I use one components and change to lineweight on the fly as needed?
In this situation, I'd use fine, medium and coarse levels of detail in the family. Alternately, you could add subcategories to the detail and turn on/off what you don't want to see.

Justin Marchiel
2006-03-20, 09:32 PM
i dont know if it would work but can you apply phases to the componants?

Justin

tim.101799
2006-03-22, 04:50 PM
I am not sure if any of these answers help me.

Most of the work we do in our office are either commercial renovations or additions. A good portion of our details on these project show situations were new & existing constructoin meet. In these cases it is our office standard to show existing detail information very light, sometimes even screened as a gray shade. We then show the new detail information darker with heavier line weights.

So if I have a pre made set of revit detail componets, can I adjust their linweights on the fly? Or do I need to sets of detail component, one set for existing (light line weihgts) and a duplicate set of the same components for new work (heavy line weights)?

Tim