PDA

View Full Version : The disappearing gutter

chris.hitchcock.nz
2006-03-21, 04:16 AM
Upon re-entry to my drawings each day (well all most each day) my gutters disappear. Not anything else, just my gutters, from detail callouts, elveations and plans. As well as the Detail component versions of the same gutters. I can reload the gutter detail component and it asks to overwrite existing, yes, and they all reappear in the callouts. This doesn't happen in the rest of the Model where i have to reinsert the gutters (roof hosted sweep) again. Only explanation i can think of is perhaps a naming problem, (perhaps too long) of that particluar family in the library? Help always appreciated.

chris.hitchcock.nz
2006-03-21, 04:27 AM
HA! discovered the problem, each time i loaded one, (say the detail component) it would delete the profile of the model gutters, as it had the exact same name. So no matter they were different categories, Detail component and a profile for extrusion, they overwrote eachother as they were essentially different families with the sam name. They have been renamed and its solved.

aaronrumple
2006-03-21, 02:15 PM
You usually get a warning when you load a family with the same name as one already loaded of a different category. Didn't you get this.

Of course - they really should have the Revit database set up to allow for the same name to be used in different categories.