PDA

View Full Version : Columns gone weak in the knees

beegee
2003-05-30, 07:43 AM
The attached screenshot shows a structural concrete column in a brick wall.
The brick shows up with a strong bounding line, but the column linework is weak.
I have set the linework under object properties to 4 for " cut " for both columns and structural columns. Walls are set to line 3 when cut. They read well.
The column linework doesnt change :cry:

Thanks for any help.

beegee

Wes Macaulay
2003-05-30, 07:50 AM
This has been around since R4 at least!

Columns that are in a project with a significant elevation (where your floor levels are way higher than 0') show up as if they are in projection, even though they are being cut. It's a bug in Revit, and I don't know why it hasn't been fixed yet!

Muck about with your column lineweights (Projection) in the object styles box, or use the linework tool to make it look right.

Anyone in Waltham planning to fix this one? It's oooooold!

beegee
2003-05-30, 08:00 AM
This has been around since R4 at least!

Columns that are in a project with a significant elevation (where your floor levels are way higher than 0') show up as if they are in projection, even though they are being cut. It's a bug in Revit, and I don't know why it hasn't been fixed yet!

Muck about with your column lineweights (Projection) in the object styles box, or use the linework tool to make it look right.

Anyone in Waltham planning to fix this one? It's oooooold!

Thanks Wes,
I don't recall seeing that mentioned before.
So I change the projection lineweight, not the cut lineweight :shock:
hmmmm OK

beegee

GS Fulton
2003-05-30, 01:19 PM
This is either a bug or intentional by the designers. I have noticed it on several projects. What I have been doing is to make a group that I copy over each column (rather manual process) It would be nice to find a more automated way.

beegee
2003-05-31, 01:10 AM
I've found that changing the projection lineweight to the desired pen works for plan views.
Of course, it also effects the elevation view, so if you dont want to see a heavy line there, you're back to square one. In that case the solution is the linework tool.

Yep, definitely needs to be fixed. See Wishlist topics.

beegee