PDA

View Full Version : Topo surface cut fill changes for each phase

gordolake
2006-03-21, 05:37 AM
Hi, wondering if anyone has an answers to this.

I have a project where I want to change the topo from phase to phase that is existing, stage 1 then stage 2.

I have created stg 1 surface as a graded region from existing and reported cut/fill woks fine, when I then do a graded region on this surface no cut to fill for this phase is shown in the properties for the new surface..

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

TIA

Steve.

patricks
2006-03-21, 03:23 PM
You need to be in a view that is set to Phase 2, and then when you do a graded region of your Phase 1 grading, you will need to tell it to demolish the Phase 1 grading in Phase 2. Then your new (third) surface, created in Phase 2, should report correctly.

gordolake
2006-03-22, 12:32 AM
Yes thanks patrics,

I understand the process but no matter how I go about the next phase (i.e. the third phase) the new surface will not report the cut fill from the previous (second) phase.

The only work around is to copy the surface to a new project and repeat the graded process there, and then into a new project for the final civil works to get the cut fill report for that phase.

Has anyone been able to have successful surface cut fill reports across multiple phases?

I cannot get this to work in a single project.

Steve.

mibzim
2006-03-22, 01:15 AM
Had a play with this a while ago... i don't think ur gonna get it to work and it will have to be added to the long list of "SITE TOOL LET DOWNS". Maybe someone else knows better?

gordolake
2006-03-22, 01:57 AM
Thanks mibzin for your quick reply.

So I'm not going mad, or maybe I am attempting to do a civil design in revit.

I thought it would be easy enough, and it would if surface phasing worked properly.

Steve.