PDA

View Full Version : Detail component placement problem

patricks
2006-03-21, 03:17 PM
I have a rather odd problem that when I place a detail component, no matter what view I'm in (plan, section, detail, drafting view), the detail component is invisible until AFTER I place the component. I still get vertical and horizontal temporary placement dimensions, but of course those do me no good as I can't see the component I'm trying to place, which makes it extremely difficult to place a detail component on the first shot. I have to place it randomly, then select it and move it to the correct place, which is extremely annoying and time consuming.

I seem to recall this happening on another project some months ago but I don't know what the problem was or if I even was able to fix it.

patricks
2006-03-21, 03:20 PM
okay nevermind, the problem was that I had the Active Workset set to a workset that was turned off by default in all views.... which makes no sense as to why the detail component would be invisible until placement, as those are tied to views and not model worksets.

aaronrumple
2006-03-21, 03:55 PM
okay nevermind, the problem was that I had the Active Workset set to a workset that was turned off by default in all views.... which makes no sense as to why the detail component would be invisible until placement, as those are tied to views and not model worksets.
That is one of those items that does need to be cleaned up. I often want to place objects in a workset that is not editable and given the new object borrowing system - this is now the preference. So Revit needs to update the graphics UI to coordinate.