PDA

View Full Version : columns within walls show in elevations

gordolake
2006-03-22, 12:52 AM
Hi everyone,

We have 89 SHS columns within 100 walls, ie column is completely within the wall. We are getting column edge lines printing in elevation views.

Why is this happening when the face of the column is a good 5mm within the wall exterior face?

TIA

Steve.

crullier
2006-03-22, 04:47 PM
you should post a file if you can

gordolake
2006-03-22, 11:54 PM
OK here is the problematic situation:-

Columns show through in walls that are 45 degrees to project north and in 3D views.

How can this be overcome, any ideas?

Has this issue been seen before, should it go to support?

Steve

patricks
2006-03-23, 01:53 PM
have you tried printing that page? I have found that model geometry within other geometry that is close to the exterior face will show through at certain zoom levels on the screen, and usually goes away when I zoom in, but when printed it always shows correctly (interior geometry not visible).

lev.lipkin
2006-03-23, 02:56 PM
There is a conflict between coarse detail level view which would not show a cut in the wall and fine detail level view that shows overlapping volumes of wall and column.

As column's silhouette is very close to the wall face, and overlapping volumes are not expected, columns silhouette might get visible.

If you make column geometry visible at coarse detail level and use join geometry (pick column first, then wall) to cut the wall, picture is corrected.

I wonder if this is acceptable for time being?