PDA

View Full Version : Massing query?

aliya14
2006-03-22, 08:22 AM
Good day everyone,
I had a query regarding this structure I'm trying to create. i tried using sweep solids and voids for the center portion but for the side wings i'm unable to do it.
Any inputs on this will be really helpful
Kind Regards,
Aliya

Andre Baros
2006-03-22, 12:32 PM
I would try to do this with a blend and a void extrusion. A blend in elevation using a "vertical" rectangle to be the base (front in your reference photo) and a rectangle angled down by 15 deg as the top (back in the photo) then I would use a void in plan to trim the ends to the circular profile, and if needed to slice it up into separate beams. Have fun and please share your results.

Andre Baros
2006-03-22, 11:24 PM
Here's a quick attempt. I used two solid blends and two void extrusions to get it close to the scan. Then I just applied curtain systems with mullions in only one direction. If you had the plan available it would be much easier.

trombe
2006-03-23, 01:16 AM
wicked Andre,. good skills.
gorgeous form as well .
trombe

aliya14
2006-03-23, 07:09 AM
Thanks Andre,
Sorry to bother you again ,can you please post the file for reference
Regards,
Aliya

Andre Baros
2006-03-23, 12:32 PM
Sure, like I said though, this was quick and dirty. The file was actually too big to upload as shown, so I deleted almost everything out of it, including half the form. You just need to mirror the curtain systems across column line 1 to get back to where it was. The voids were the big cheat, I think that with a little more time and maybe a few extra blends, you could do it without the voids... which look right in elevation but seamed odd in plan.

ejburrell67787
2006-03-23, 02:16 PM
Here's a quick attempt. I used two solid blends and two void extrusions to get it close to the scan. Then I just applied curtain systems with mullions in only one direction. If you had the plan available it would be much easier.Santiago Baros! 8-) Nice work!

aliya14
2006-03-24, 08:19 AM
Sure, like I said though, this was quick and dirty. The file was actually too big to upload as shown, so I deleted almost everything out of it, including half the form. You just need to mirror the curtain systems across column line 1 to get back to where it was. The voids were the big cheat, I think that with a little more time and maybe a few extra blends, you could do it without the voids... which look right in elevation but seamed odd in plan.

Thanx Andre,

Wes Macaulay
2006-03-24, 04:43 PM
Great solution Andre!!