PDA

View Full Version : View Border..how to?

Nevine
2004-05-02, 05:17 PM
How can I get the view to show and plot a border around it on the sheet?
I looked and looked in the view property but can't find anyway of controling the visability of the border.
Also is there a way to align views (not the titles). I am placing rendered view on a sheet and end up eyeballing the alignment.

Scott Hopkins
2004-05-02, 06:30 PM
Nevine,

Select the drawing on the sheet, then select "properties", then put a check in both the "crop region" and "crop region visible" squares.

When placing drawings on a sheet move them around a bit and they should key into and line up with the adjacent drawings.

Nevine
2004-05-03, 09:24 PM
That's what I have but the border does not print. I need it to plot.
Also i cannot align the edge of the views. It won't let me pick it.

sbrown
2004-05-03, 09:46 PM
When you say border, if you mean the paper limits, ie 24" x36" then you need to open the titleblock family you are usiing and set the lines that define the sheet to a linetype other than<invisible>

Innamae
2004-05-04, 03:57 PM
This is where I control that - is this what you needed?
This is one of my options tabs when i click on print.

Linda

Nevine
2004-05-04, 04:03 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
You're a genius.. :D

Nevine
2004-05-15, 01:48 PM
Ok. That took care of the sheets where I wanted all views to have borders. But I still cannot select some to print and some not to print on the same sheet. There should be a control in the view property that will allow the crop region to print. Is that one for the Wish List?

beegee
2004-05-15, 10:58 PM
I must be missing something here. You want to see and print some crop regions for some views placed on a sheet, but in other views, you don't want the crop region to show/print. Can't you just turn off the "crop region visible" check box in view properties for those views ?

Scott D Davis
2004-05-16, 03:28 PM
You can also right-click a crop region, and select 'hide annotation in view'...very nice rather than going through the properties dialog.

Nevine
2004-05-16, 11:49 PM
DAH...once again saved by the experts. Thanks