PDA

View Full Version : I need Fill pattern advice

Nevine
2004-05-02, 05:36 PM
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am finding fill pattern in Revit cumbersome. I also can't figure out why the patterns from Rugi show black, like they are very dense. How do you control the scale. I need model patterns for roof tile, slate and shakes. I know how to turn a drafting pattern into a model pattern but they don't look right when loaded.
Does anyone have a better source for fill patterns or any advise on how to adjust the ones for Rugi?

beegee
2004-05-02, 10:46 PM
This Topic (www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2536&highlight=pattern) has some useful information on scaling a pattern file.

You could try that with the RUGI patterns.

There are also patterns available at RevitCity. I'm not sure if they are similar to RUGI's.

Nevine
2004-05-03, 09:20 PM
Sounds like a pain, but I might not have another option. Must find the time to do it. I wish Revit had a better selection and way to scale patterns like autocad.

aaronrumple
2004-05-03, 09:49 PM
Any AutoCAD patterns will work. I've gathered mine from several free sources as well as ported my ADT hatches to Revit. Someone listed a hatch patteren editor recently on this forum.

As for scaling - if you know what they were set for in AutoCAD - scaling them for use in Revit is no more difficult than in AutoCAD.

The nice thing is that once you have your library loaded in your template - you never fool with it again.

sbrown
2004-05-03, 09:55 PM
You can scale them on import, when you highlight the pattern and it is black usually you just need to type in 12 in the scale box due to the decimal vs imperial creation of the .pat

beegee
2004-05-03, 10:00 PM
Someone listed a hatch patteren editor recently on this forum.

And someone else said they were
making a program that will let you draw a hatch swatch in a drafting view - and then convert that to a Revit pattern.
, but I can't remember who that was. :wink:

aaronrumple
2004-05-03, 10:45 PM
1X1 patterns are working fine....
Just trying to figure out the math on a non-square pattern swatch...

GuyR
2004-05-03, 11:12 PM
For scaling patterns you can use this program I wrote:

www.r-e-d.co.nz/revit/PatternScaler.html

Guy

wfdesigns
2004-05-04, 03:38 AM
Here is the site for the hatch pat viewer if this helps. Free trial for I believe 30 days...seems to work good.

http://www.free-downloads.net/programs/CADSlide

making a program that will let you draw a hatch swatch in a drafting view - and then convert that to a Revit pattern.
Also, as beegee was making reference to, has anything come about on the program you were working on Aaron?

Nevine
2004-05-04, 04:08 PM
Thank you all for your help. I remember that I used to be able to scale the pattern upon import but somehow this option was greyed out. I will have to try again.
I still think it would be nice to scale the pattern on the fly after insertion which I don't beleive I can do in Revit.

Nevine
2004-05-04, 04:12 PM
Sure enough..I went back and tried to import a pattern and the import scale is greyed out. It won't let me change it. That's what bugged me.. I could do that before. Anyone having the same problem?

Martin P
2004-05-04, 04:41 PM
[quote:3bff713850="aaronrumple"]Someone listed a hatch patteren editor recently on this forum.

And someone else said they were
, but I can't remember who that was. :wink:[/quote:3bff713850]

hatch pattern editor :D
http://www.fell-kernbach.de/index.html?/products/ahatch/index-en.html

still havent bought it yet :roll: the demo was very good though.

Martin P
2004-05-04, 04:45 PM
Sure enough..I went back and tried to import a pattern and the import scale is greyed out. It won't let me change it. That's what bugged me.. I could do that before. Anyone having the same problem?

I have had that happen when the scale factor is too big - not sure how that too big is defined though?? make it smaller.