PDA

View Full Version : Roof opening - selection -

Joef
2004-05-03, 05:38 PM
I have cut an opening (actually two openings) through two roofs which are atop one another to create a dormer opening. I now need to change this opening, but I am not able to select it. I have used the crossing and filtered for it, but the edit button does not appear on the option bar once I have isolated the roof opening in the filter. Any suggestions?

Joe

mmulvey
2004-05-03, 05:49 PM
I think if you select the roof edge, e.g. the eaves line then "Edit Sketch". You should then be able to edit the opening.

Joef
2004-05-03, 06:02 PM
That would be the case if I had altered the sketch of the original roof, but since I needed an opening in the middle of the roof, I used the "opening" tool. I can see the opening when the roof highlights, but there is no way to actually select it. I tried tabbing but that just causes my computer to beep. Thanks anyway!

Scott D Davis
2004-05-03, 06:14 PM
go back to the "opening" tool, and the openings you have created will be editable.

Joef
2004-05-03, 06:24 PM
When I go to the "opening" tool I am presented with Opening Placement Options. This doesn't allow me to select the opening, only things I want to place an opening in. I'm obviously missing something here as this shouldn't be so difficult.

Joef
2004-05-03, 06:50 PM
Okay, I have managed to select the opening. I had to create a level where the opening was actualy visible. When I created the opening I was in my Roof Plan, but since the roof slopes, the opening isn't visible once it has been created.