PDA

View Full Version : High Resolution Image Export?

knut_bb78
2006-03-24, 01:05 PM
Hey

Is it possible to export a high quality image from Revit? I'm not talking about rendered images, but floorplans etc. in hidden line or shading w/edges. I tried the trick in this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=33107 but it didnt give me the result I was hoping for. Any tips?

dhurtubise
2006-03-24, 01:42 PM
You can export up tp 600 dpi, you need more ?

sbrown
2006-03-24, 01:44 PM
The best method is to print to pdf, then open in photoshop and save as jpg or tif.

knut_bb78
2006-03-24, 01:57 PM
The best method is to print to pdf, then open in photoshop and save as jpg or tif.

I have tried that. The file is only about 85kb! Isnt that very small for a high quality image?

aaronrumple
2006-03-24, 02:35 PM
I've got a 30"x42" sheet in front of me that was printed 600 DPI with shadows on all the elevations. It was sent to EPS and then converted to PDF. The file is only 700 Kb and is very crisp and sharp.

The attached detail is an area from the PDF which is only 2" x 2".

Wes Macaulay
2006-03-24, 04:36 PM
I have tried that. The file is only about 85kb! Isnt that very small for a high quality image?It is high quality -- it's vector. In Revit, wireframe and hidden line views are printed as vectors to PDF. Turn on shadows or shading with or without edges, and you get a raster image.

HTH

Bryan Sutton
2006-03-24, 05:41 PM
It is high quality -- it's vector. In Revit, wireframe and hidden line views are printed as vectors to PDF. Turn on shadows or shading with or without edges, and you get a raster image.

HTH
Yes
What is also useful is that you can open that PDF file in Illustrator and (with some limitations) use that vector information - tweak line weights / styles, add text, other graphics...
Great for putting together presentation Graphics.
Cheers
Bryan Sutton

leediggle
2006-04-05, 10:02 AM
I've got a 30"x42" sheet in front of me that was printed 600 DPI with shadows on all the elevations. It was sent to EPS and then converted to PDF. The file is only 700 Kb and is very crisp and sharp.

The attached detail is an area from the PDF which is only 2" x 2".

How do you send it as an EPS file from Revit? We are having real issues with exporting images from Revit without rendering. We are often up against tight deadlines and do not have the time or resource to set up the rendering.

ejburrell67787
2006-04-05, 10:17 AM
Yes
What is also useful is that you can open that PDF file in Illustrator and (with some limitations) use that vector information - tweak line weights / styles, add text, other graphics...
Great for putting together presentation Graphics.
Cheers
Bryan Suttonnice one Bryan, Are you designing a Mission Control for somone? :razz:

aaronrumple
2006-04-05, 01:39 PM
How do you send it as an EPS file from Revit? We are having real issues with exporting images from Revit without rendering. We are often up against tight deadlines and do not have the time or resource to set up the rendering.
I use the Adobe Postscript print driver (free) combined with the Acrobat PPD (free). Then just print to file.

Bryan Sutton
2006-04-05, 04:00 PM
nice one Bryan, Are you designing a Mission Control for somone? :razz:
Coming to a theatre near you this May...
Cheers
Bryan Sutton

Wes Macaulay
2006-04-05, 04:28 PM
Betcha it's a shot of X-Men 3 :cool:

Bryan Sutton
2006-04-05, 04:46 PM
Betcha it's a shot of X-Men 3 :cool:
Busted...
cheers
Bryan

Wes Macaulay
2006-04-05, 05:48 PM
I guess this means it's holiday time for you after working numerous 100h weeks :-)

Merlin
2006-04-11, 07:43 AM
I guess this means it's holiday time for you after working numerous 100h weeks :-)

....."Holidays"?.......let me look that up in thye Dictionary.............

robmorfin
2006-05-18, 10:34 PM
This works perfect, although it sounds alittle bit complicated

1.Export view as DWG (if it is a perpective view, export it from the sheet view and it will be converted in a flat image.

2. Open in AutoCAD, cahnge all the colors to white (Black for AutoCAD) and export it as Windows Metafile, WMF (WMFOUT).

3.Import the WMF in Corel Draw or Illustrator.

4. Save as Photoshop file, PSD (this way you can setup the background to be transparent, if you export as JPG you will later need to mask out the white background).

5. Color it in Photoshop with your Wacom.

6. Print and Impress.