PDA

View Full Version : Can a sweep follow a 3D Path?

ejc
2006-03-24, 01:28 PM
Is there a tool that acts like a sweep, but with a path that goes along the x,y and can change in the z, and continue on?

thanks,

ejc

pfrederico
2006-03-24, 02:00 PM
I think I can answer that question. There isn't.

It's one of the things we've been longing for because it would allow us to do sidewalks and curbs a lot more easily. Unfortunetely... we don't have such an option. Let's wait to see what revit 9.0 brings...

Elmo
2006-03-24, 02:16 PM
What you can do though is select edges in 3D. So if you make say void you can then select the the edges as the path of the sweep.

archjake
2006-03-24, 03:08 PM
What you can do though is select edges in 3D. So if you make say void you can then select the the edges as the path of the sweep.
Yes, This is a very slick trick! I think it was Phill Read who did some nice massing families like this. Parametric star shapes, etc.

Wes Macaulay
2006-03-24, 04:37 PM
You can also use reference lines in any XYZ plane to use as a sweep path.

But Revit need a lofting tool since we can't control what happens to the profile as it sweeps along the path. I often don't get the results I want.

patricks
2006-03-24, 04:58 PM
I think we just need more solid and void modelling tools. I know FormZ has tools specifically to create spiral-shaped solids and voids, and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.