PDA

View Full Version : Faster printing...

aaronrumple
2006-03-24, 02:24 PM
Revit really needs to work on faster printing with shadows. My current project with shadows is taking an hour per sheet to print to a PS file on disk. It's ony a 649 Kb file once done. With a donzen sheets in the presentation, that's better than a day just to print. Too damn slow for architectural schematics.

Mr Spot
2006-03-24, 02:47 PM
Yes i hate this two. We have elevations of a high-rise with shadows turned on (only to overcome view depth clipping limitation) to add some depth and the larger elevations take 5 hours to print to PDF!!

This effectively means we have to do these overnight and its a real pain if you realise you've missed something!

mschroeder
2006-03-24, 03:00 PM
In the same boat.

You probably already know this, but our workaround is to export as JPG (sometimes this needs to be multiple pieces to get around the ~10K pixel limit). Then print in Illustrator (or, I hate to say it, Microstation with a titleblock).

aaronrumple
2006-03-24, 03:26 PM
Just looking at how it seems to do this, I think they have the whole concept screwed. It does the whole thing as raster, when what it should be doing is dumping the linework as vector and only the shadows as raster.

patricks
2006-03-24, 03:26 PM
Aaron, is your OpenGL hardware acceleration turned on? I found that views with shadows are MUCH easier to deal with since I turned clicked on that check box.

Also, is your Hidden Line Views in Print Setup set to Vector Processing?

aaronrumple
2006-03-24, 03:30 PM
Aaron, is your OpenGL hardware acceleration turned on? I found that views with shadows are MUCH easier to deal with since I turned clicked on that check box.

Also, is your Hidden Line Views in Print Setup set to Vector Processing?
Yep and Yep.