PDA

View Full Version : Structural Member Issue and Documentation

danv
2006-03-24, 02:37 PM
I am accessing the end coordinates for a Brace type structural member which goes between two levels. I'm using the get_Item function for the tessellated curve of an AnalyticalModelFrame element to get an XYZ point. Does anyone know why the start point coordinates are good and the end point coordinates are incorrect? The end coordinates have the same Z coordinate as the start coordinates and the brace goes between two levels. The X and Y coordinates of the end point are off as well.

As a follow on question, has anyone seen any documentation on the API other then RevitAPI.CHM? I'd love to know the units the data is being sent to me in. I've figured out that dimensions are in feet units but how about things like Young's Modulus? Any documentation or examples other than what's in the SDK directory would be useful.

Thanks In Advance

Danny Polkinhorn
2006-03-25, 02:01 AM
I would report the first issue on a subscription support request.

As for units, I think it always reports lengths in metric (millimeters). Are you sure you're getting decimal feet? I suspect that Young's Modulus (I don't remember that one from my structural class) is also using metric if appropriate.

There are no other documentation sources for the API, sorry.

Hope that helps,

GuyR
2006-03-28, 02:26 AM
I'd love to know the units the data is being sent to me in.

As I understand it, interally Revit is all imperial.

For support and more API help you need to be an ADN member.

Guy