PDA

View Full Version : Cant find dimension to unlock it what do I do????

Martin P
2003-05-30, 12:37 PM
How do I find a dimension that is constraining 2 levels together? or at least how do I kill the relationship - I want to move one of the levels and not the other. the locked dimension may have been hidden, it may have been deleted, it may be on a section, it may be on an elevation - obviously I cant find it to delete it... If I use the disjoin when moving revit deletes everything on the #@##!@ level instead of dimensions locking them!!!!!! surely that is nonsense!

christopher.zoog51272
2003-05-30, 12:46 PM
How do I find a dimension that is constraining 2 levels together? or at least how do I kill the relationship - I want to move one of the levels and not the other. the locked dimension may have been hidden, it may have been deleted, it may be on a section, it may be on an elevation - obviously I cant find it to delete it... If I use the disjoin when moving revit deletes everything on the #@##!@ level instead of dimensions locking them!!!!!! surely that is nonsense!

Hmmm... that's a pickle :?

Have you tried locking down the level you don't want to move and then try moving the top one, you should recieve an error box about contraints not be satisfied, then keep pushing the show button until the dimension comes up. :?:

I've never done this but it might work.

Phil Palmer
2003-05-30, 12:55 PM
Martin - Does it report the Element ID number ?
You may then be able to select it by ID number and then delete the 'offending' dimension.

Martin P
2003-05-30, 01:52 PM
[quote:43736491d6="Martin P"]How do I find a dimension that is constraining 2 levels together? or at least how do I kill the relationship - I want to move one of the levels and not the other. the locked dimension may have been hidden, it may have been deleted, it may be on a section, it may be on an elevation - obviously I cant find it to delete it... If I use the disjoin when moving revit deletes everything on the #@##!@ level instead of dimensions locking them!!!!!! surely that is nonsense!

Hmmm... that's a pickle :?

Have you tried locking down the level you don't want to move and then try moving the top one, you should recieve an error box about contraints not be satisfied, then keep pushing the show button until the dimension comes up. :?:

I've never done this but it might work.[/quote:43736491d6]

WAHEY! that works, excellent. Ta very much! :D

christo4robin
2003-11-04, 12:58 AM
And... It works again!

I needed to lower the t.o. slab level in a residence. When I disjoined it and moved it, voila, all slabs, interior walls, footings, pads, windows, stairs, doors, etc. are just !!poof!! gone.

When I locked all the levels except the t.o. slab level, then moved without disjoining, Happy Happy Happy!!!

C

info350864
2013-01-14, 10:38 AM
Even 9,5 years after post the solution from you, czoog, helped me to find the elevation view where I've locked my levels.
Thanx
Grtz Philip

:-)

Joshua Kohl
2013-01-15, 12:59 PM

Try dimensioning between the 2 levels in any view. If the dimension comes up locked, just unlock your new dimension and it should automatically release the other constraint.

MikeJarosz
2013-01-15, 09:30 PM
Even 9,5 years after post the solution from you, czoog, helped me to find the elevation view where I've locked my levels.
Thanx
Grtz Philip

:-)

Chris Zoog is the speaker tonight at the New York Revit User Group. I worked with him at SOM, and he is now with HOK. This AUGI website grew out of a blog he started back around that time. The NYC RUG usually records their sessions and makes them available online. Being in New York, they usually have a turnout of 100 or more, and top speakers too!

Details can be found at: http://www.meetup.com/NYC-RUG/events/86070232/