PDA

View Full Version : Project Base Elevation in Colorado

studio3p
2004-05-04, 04:23 PM
I know this issue has been addressed here before, but I'm not able to find it with a search.

My project's main level is going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,590 ft above sea level. The tutorial: "Setting the Base Elevation of a House" includes the following introduction,

For example, if a project is built on a plateau at 5000' and ...
but when I use the Tools>Locations and Coordinates>Relocate this Project tool I receive a message telling me I can't go higher than 3000'.

I am able to create contours above this level, but I am restricted from altering my view settings in order to see those contours.

Would someone kindly provide a link to the thread that deals w/ this issue?

Thanks.

christo4robin
2004-05-04, 04:41 PM
3P,

I'm in Boulder and have had to relocate several projects like you mention. The limitation of 3000 feet is in a single move, not a total relocation. As clear as that sentence was, let me say it another way...

Move the project once 3000 feet. Then again another 3000 feet, and finally the last 590 feet.

That should do it.

studio3p
2004-05-04, 04:45 PM
4christo4 -

Thank you. I was just coming back here to answer my own question with the same solution. If I remember correctly your post was the one that has dealt with this issue in the past.

Thanks again.