PDA

View Full Version : curved curtain grid

RobG
2006-03-27, 10:46 PM
I was hoping maybe someone could give me a pointer or two on curved curtain grid. We have a highrise we're working on in the office that is flat faced, but the profiles of the curtain grids are curved (kinda like the curves of the Rio Hotel in Vegas, but on a flat surface)

is there any way to make a curved curtain grid? or do i have to do it as multiple curtain wall systems with a curved out profile?

thanks ahead of time!

dhurtubise
2006-03-28, 12:00 AM
I don't think you can do that with a curtain wall object (always straight but you can change the angle).
Use in place editing i guess. I'll try to come up with something for ya

RobG
2006-03-28, 12:39 AM
are you in the Montreal office on rue William? if so, i used to live just down the street.. moved to Vegas about a year ago.. let me know!! haha it's a small small world sometimes

dhurtubise
2006-03-28, 01:36 AM
I'm actually in Quebec City, use to live in Montreal a year ago. So is robg for something like Robert ?
And i got quite oftn to the montreal office.

Steve_Stafford
2006-03-28, 03:01 AM
Just edit the elevation of the curtain wall(s)

RobG
2006-03-28, 05:00 PM
Hey Steve,

i figured you'd chime in with the profile edit.
we haven't seen you in our office for a while, unfortunately seeing as we could all still use the help learning Revit.

I'm redoing the curtain wall for the Harrah's project. My problem is the mullions that join the two segments gets placed in funny. I'll try to take a snapshot of it to show what happens when i place the mullion.

Thanks for the responses

Daniel,

oui, c'est court pour robert. J'travaillais pour Duschene et Fish a Montreal avant. J'ai demenager a Vegas y'as un ans. J'avoue bien que je manque Montreal.. Pas la temperature, mais definitivement le style de vie.

dhurtubise
2006-03-28, 05:20 PM
Envoie moi un mail a daniel.hurtubise@@lemaymichaud.com 1 @ en moin.

RobG
2006-03-28, 11:20 PM
Daniel,

in using your example, can it be done with the grid itself, or just the actual mullions?
as is, we're only showing grid lines for the overall elevations and mullions inserted when we need to show details or plans with mullion details. Mullions all over the model (48 stories) slows down the project HORRIBLY!!!

ps. on se parle bientot j'espere