PDA

View Full Version : Wood Column behavior in plan

ford347
2006-03-28, 01:30 AM
I have a 6x6 dimensional lumber column (architectural), and have stuck it in a the middle of a wall. The wall is a 2x4 wall, the post is a 6x6....flush to one side and the other side is hanging out and exposed. When I placed the post in the wall, the drywall on the 2x4 wall wrapped around the edges of the post in plan view, but in 3d view or any other, the drywall does not wrap. I don't know what is causing the drywall to look wrapped in plan view? any thoughts?

Josh

dhurtubise
2006-03-28, 01:38 AM
You used an architectural column, it's part o theyre properties. Try the same approach with a structural one

ford347
2006-03-28, 01:53 AM
I tried a structural column and it worked. The drywall terminates at the structural column like I want. When I place a call out box around this column and go to it in detail view though, the wall seems to be running right over the top of the column? Is there a way to control view depth in detail views or callouts? this one is puzzeling to me.

ford347
2006-03-28, 02:03 AM
So I have set the view to be independant of the parent view and have entered in every value from here to there for the far clip offset and nothing changes how this columns is being viewed in this detail view. Again, the column shows fine in the floor plan, meaning the post cuts geometry from the wall, leaving the post sticking out of the wall and the drywall terminating to it. In the callout, the only part of the post that show is that part which is outside the drywalled area, leading the eye to believe the wall is running over top of the post?

Josh

dhurtubise
2006-03-28, 01:33 PM
Could you post the file, or the part not working ?