PDA

View Full Version : Calculating reinforced steel

passerpawn_tech
2006-03-28, 03:03 AM
Hi Everybody,

Is it possible to calculate the reinforced steel in the columns, beams,slabs etc. in Revit Bulding?

Thanks

VIK

passerpawn_tech
2006-03-31, 02:37 PM
Please help me if it is pssible

VIK

erikbjur
2006-03-31, 04:51 PM
Revit Building does not offer the ability to model the rebar. Revit Structure gives you this ability. Typically one would send the Revit Structure model to a third party software package which would then allow you to design the members. If those members are concrete, no problem. However, as of yet, there is no way to import the rebar size and spacing from Risa3d (or other package) to Revit. Revit structure gives you the ability to draw the rebar in 3d however and then schedule it. I'm sure the ability to automate the drawing of rebar from the analytical model will be available in the future. It seams like a no brainer to me.

passerpawn_tech
2006-04-01, 02:29 AM
Thank you Erik.

Vik

dpasa
2006-04-01, 06:01 AM
If the question is to calculate the quantities from the model, we could use either some special tags or column and beam properties.

Arnel Aguel
2006-04-01, 11:37 AM
If the question is to calculate the quantities from the model, we could use either some special tags or column and beam properties.

I dont think it is as simple as that by putting a tag related to the beam or colum properties, detail of rebar reinforcement usually have cut off bars and continous bars furthermore it has ties and stirrups which normally have different spacings my conclusion is that it is not possible in revit building. Even revit structure cannot do it accurately.

Just my two cents

dpasa
2006-04-01, 03:10 PM
I totally agree with you, I just wrote a guess of what somebody could try, I can't think it's easy or even possible. On the other hand, it can give an idea of the total quantity since there pieces that can't been calculated in Kgs can be writen as a percentage added to what's calculated.
I think now, that with a better API and/or formulas, it could be done