PDA

View Full Version : The Case of the Disappearing Roof - Act 1 -Scene 1

The Sweg
2006-03-28, 11:37 AM
Setting: It was a brisk morning in Rural Ohio....a lone Reviteer was attempting to erase a small bay roof he had previously created to replace it with something else....

Reviteer: "You see, Detective, every time I erase this bay roof, one of my other roofs that was created separately disappears!"

Detective: "Very odd, indeed."

R: "That's what I thought."

D: "Are you sure they aren't attached somehow?"

R: "Nope. Two completely independent roofs. They don't touch or share common fascias or anything."

D: "Have you asked for help from your AUGI Friends?"

R: "I'm one step ahead of you..."

blads
2006-03-28, 11:52 AM
I have no idea... very weird indeed... can you post the file so we can look/play with it?

or next best option would be to send it to Revit Support

The Sweg
2006-03-28, 12:44 PM
I can't seem to upload it. It just hangs there. I even squashed it down to 14 mb. Anyways, When I delete the small bay roof, the garage roof disappears, too. - however, if I delete the garage roof, nothing happens to the bay roof. How weird is that?

blads
2006-03-28, 12:57 PM
I can't seem to upload it. It just hangs there. I even squashed it down to 14 mb. Anyways, When I delete the small bay roof, the garage roof disappears, too. - however, if I delete the garage roof, nothing happens to the bay roof. How weird is that?Yep! that's weird... I'd send an email/request to Revit Support.

ejburrell67787
2006-03-28, 01:32 PM
Work around attempt: try copying the garage roof (CTRL-C type copy) then delete your offending roof... if the garage roof disappears paste it back in using Edit > Paste Aligned > Same Place.

off course you'll lose any detailing / dimensioning etc... but keep the roof at least.

The Sweg
2006-03-29, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the idea--I'll give it a try. I did send it in to support - haven't heard back with a solution yet.