PDA

View Full Version : General Notes and Scheduling Question

harkeychad
2006-03-28, 02:03 PM
I have made some General Notes in in 7.1 and want to put that into 8.1. I tried to open up both programs and can not copy and paste. I also seen that I can save to library which I did, but now I can not seem to add it to a sheet.

I also would like to make a wall schedule for a residential project and not sure how to go about it. I have made a Wall type legend to show on my plans and would like to get the surface area for every wall in every room. I am not sure if the wall area is for one side only or for the entire wall itself. Is this something I could add to my room schedule? Like I said, I dont really know how to go about this in a logical way. Any suggestions or advice would help. A picture of someones set up would be very helpful.

Thanks

aaronrumple
2006-03-28, 02:29 PM
Open both projects in 8.1 and copy paste.

Or group the notes in 7 and save them out to disk. Then load the group in 8.1.

harkeychad
2006-03-28, 02:37 PM
Thanks. I will open both in 8.

msmith.tsap
2006-03-28, 05:09 PM
Aaron:

Everyone says copy and paste, but the only thing I seem to be able to do is copy and paste between drafting views of separate projects. Sheet to sheet did not appear to work. But be a simpler method or am I doing something wrong.

Marc
TSAP

aaronrumple
2006-03-28, 06:01 PM
You can't yet copy views from sheet-to-sheet. Only information from view-to-view.

R9 will address this issue. As the brochure says "Create, manage, and share your own detail library."