PDA

View Full Version : Zoom to Outer Space

matt.98118
2006-03-28, 10:43 PM
I inserted a component into my model and it must have been way out in outer space. Now if I "zoom to fit" all I see is white space (zooms beyond what will show on my screen). Is there a way to locate my object in outer space and delete it? Zooming to outer space occurs in plan view, 3D views and North/South elevations (for some reason East/West elevation does not zoom to outer space).

Suggestions?

christo4robin
2006-03-28, 10:53 PM
If you know what the object is, locate it in the browser (Expand families, find it, right click, select all). Then delete it once it is selected.

matt.98118
2006-03-28, 10:57 PM
If you know what the object is, locate it in the browser (Expand families, find it, right click, select all). Then delete it once it is selected.

What if I dont know what the object is?

matt.98118
2006-03-28, 11:05 PM
I got it! I went into 3D view and started making crossing selections until I came across the object way out in space. Deleted! Life is better now!

iru69
2006-03-29, 12:10 AM
I've run into this a couple of times. I like how in AutoCAD, no matter how far you've zoomed out (or at least as far as I've ever zoomed out), elements always are represented by at least one pixel. Revit should have something similar.

sgoodmansen
2006-03-29, 12:36 AM
An easier fix is to erase all, then do a shift crossing window over the stuff you know you want to keep.

matt.98118
2006-03-29, 05:10 AM
I've run into this a couple of times. I like how in AutoCAD, no matter how far you've zoomed out (or at least as far as I've ever zoomed out), elements always are represented by at least one pixel. Revit should have something similar.

Agreed. Sure would make things easier to find in outer space! Where's that "Revit Suggestions" link?