PDA

View Full Version : Wall to follow Roof Line

matt.98118
2006-03-28, 11:41 PM
I need suggestions on how to get this wall to follow the two roof lines I have. Basically, the wall would be built (in the real world) attached to the truss of the upper roof. I dont want to have any portion of the wall visible below the lower roof. I cannot get the wall to attach to both the upper and lower roofs.

What would the EXPERTS do?

Wes Macaulay
2006-03-29, 12:02 AM
Edit the elevation profile of the wall and using the pick tool use the underside and topside of the upper and lower roofs respectively to define the extent of the wall.

matt.98118
2006-03-29, 04:20 AM
Can you give me more description of this process? If I select the wall I can click "edit profile" from the options bar. With this process I can edit the top and base attachments, but I can't seem to get the wall lines to intersect with the roof elements. Tips?

jamesd10181097
2006-03-29, 06:43 AM
I do not understand why you cannot attach the wall to the upper and lower roofs. When attaching to the lower roof pay attention to the options bar and attach the base to the lower roof rather that the top.

Steve_Stafford
2006-03-29, 07:33 AM
When they build the roof in the field will this wall be framed on top of the trusses of the lower roof? If so then you could edit the sketch of the lower roof so it extends over enough to overlap this side wall. Then attaching the base of the wall should work.

If the lower roof trusses just finish next to this side wall, the side wall must get built on a beam of some sort or bearing wall below? Regardless, if the roof isn't under this side wall, then editing the profile of the wall like Wes suggests will get you there. Just cut a temporary section next to the wall, looking at it, pick the wall, edit the profile, discard the section.

matt.98118
2006-03-29, 01:49 PM
Got it! Just had to do some minor adjustment to the edge of my roof so it would intersect the wall line.

Good suggestions!