PDA

View Full Version : Linked cad drawings not exporting back to cad

mfanucs
2006-03-29, 01:44 PM
Hi all

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem - couldn't seem to find anything in the previous threads.

We are working on a large retail development with a massive parking area - rather than trying to model the extremely large surface parking area we have drawn all the site info (parking, kerbs, paving, services, etc.) in a linked cad drawing. The drawing was linked into 'current view only' and then copied and pasted into other relevant views

So far this method is working well for us - until we recently tried exporting some drawings back to cad and the linked cad file shows up as a missing xref only - which we can't seem to get working.

We have tried importing the cad drawing as 'model' lines, but the export still doesn't work

any ideas would be extremely welcome!!!!

Marco

sbrown
2006-03-29, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure why its not working, a linked dwgs becomes an xref when exported to autocad. So you should be able to bind that xref if you need it as one file.

mfanucs
2006-03-29, 03:26 PM
whoops - looks like another ID 10 T problem - a bit of a mix up on our side.

its seems as if someone (hopefully not me!!) has linked the same drawing in twice from two separate file locations - effectively resulting in the same drawing name appearing in the database twice - and it seems Revit doesn't like the identical names.

i suppose it was an honest mistake - our office finally moved over to a server mid-way in the project - and this is probably where the mistake happened.

we're deleting all instances of the site plan and starting fresh.