PDA

View Full Version : Multiple material pilasters

sultarc
2006-03-29, 02:46 PM
I am doing a retail center with multiple look fronts. It will have pilasters every twenty feet with different materials vertically. Starts with polished faced cmu, goes to brick and caps with cmu or stone. The middle brick shaft which is dominant will have a vertical recess with rows of soldiers. I read in archives where peopole were not happy with stacked walls. Is stacked walls the way to go and how do I achieve the recessed soldiers?

Thanks.

aaronrumple
2006-03-29, 02:57 PM
I am doing a retail center with multiple look fronts. It will have pilasters every twenty feet with different materials vertically. Starts with polished faced cmu, goes to brick and caps with cmu or stone. The middle brick shaft which is dominant will have a vertical recess with rows of soldiers. I read in archives where peopole were not happy with stacked walls. Is stacked walls the way to go and how do I achieve the recessed soldiers?

Thanks.
This doesn't require a stacked wall. Stacked walls are really for walls that might span several floors such as a basement wall and a first floor wall.

This is simply a wall with a few features that can be created in the wall editor section view. You'll have a split area for the basic separation of CMU/Brick. Add a sweep or two in for for the cap at the top and top of CMU.

The recess will be done later with a generic model cutting a void in the wall. Paint a different material on the recessed face.

Or just design the whole thing as an architectural column.

sultarc
2006-03-29, 03:19 PM
Thanks Aaron. I think I have a stacked wall confused with the wall editor. I worked the tutorial last night. Took me two times to get it right. I'll see what I can produce.

sultarc
2006-03-29, 03:21 PM
Not quite sure how to do the column thing you mentioned.