PDA

View Full Version : "Area Plans" for Sections

phyllisr
2006-03-30, 05:01 AM
Area Plans work well to manage several different options (well, more than several...but I digress). Like being able to tag the plan and by changing the name, I can change the color in about 2 seconds. By using masses (shell walls and floors relate to mass also), I can get an image for stacking the building. Using masses looks pretty great but then for each permutation, I have to create a bunch of duplicate masses using Design Options just to get the material to match the area plans.

What I'd really like is something like an Area Plan that I can use to "color" the section that I can change easily without recreating the mass and using an elevation when the stacking changes. I know I can do this with filled regions but then I do not get the tag that lets me change color by changing the name. Too much manual text entry.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
PBR

(Yes, I am aware that the section approach must be a little "fudged" depending on where I make the cut. My attached section image would not "see" the little retail chunk at grade level. I'll worry about that later.)

erikbjur
2006-03-30, 04:31 PM
For all of you engineers out there... we need this ability for elevations also to determine the surface area for wind load calculations. We need to be able to have an area plan for elevations / sections. My two cents.