PDA

View Full Version : disciplines

Davied2
2006-03-30, 08:17 PM
Hi all

Another quicky:

When you have a floor plan and you select via properties which discipline the plan comes under (Architectural / Structural / Coordination) is there any way of adding another discipline EG (Mechanical / Electrical / Presentation) etc

Regards

David

dhurtubise
2006-03-30, 08:28 PM
No but you could use a shared parameter to classified those

tc3dcad60731
2006-03-30, 09:46 PM
I know that this does not answer the question but I stumbled across this thread. What exactly does it serve you to switch disciplines in the project?

archjake
2006-03-30, 11:12 PM
It is typically per view. If you were to switch it to Structural it would turn off everything except items that are structural in nature. ie: walls set to bearing / foundation. & structural families. In some cases I've noticed that it will allow structural foundation families under a slab show up as dashed.

I've noticed that this isn't always the case as i believe it has left casework visible for me in the past, but I could be wrong about that.

tc3dcad60731
2006-03-31, 05:29 AM
That is cool! I can't wait to go and try it out. Thanks for the information!

Steve_Stafford
2006-03-31, 05:49 AM
...is there any way of adding another discipline EG (Mechanical / Electrical / Presentation)...No, but the next release of Revit will see them in the list :wink: just not Presentation. These are to alter the view's appearance according to the discipline.

Arnel Aguel
2006-03-31, 12:43 PM
No, but the next release of Revit will see them in the list :wink: just not Presentation. These are to alter the view's appearance according to the discipline.

Great can't wait to see version 9....