PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a Door Tag Centered in a Door Opening

nkwa
2006-03-31, 12:15 AM
I modified a door family where the origin (for door insertion) is located 4" outside of the opening edge. This allows a door to be automatically offset 4" from a corner, in effect creating a jamb condition. However, when I insert the modified door into a plan, the resulting door tag centers on the origin instead of the door opening.

Is there a way in Revit to keep a door tag centered in a door opening?

aaronrumple
2006-03-31, 03:17 AM
I modified a door family where the origin (for door insertion) is located 4" outside of the opening edge. This allows a door to be automatically offset 4" from a corner, in effect creating a jamb condition. However, when I insert the modified door into a plan, the resulting door tag centers on the origin instead of the door opening.

Is there a way in Revit to keep a door tag centered in a door opening?
Not using the setup you have. That's the way tags are designed to work.

A better way to go would be to create a ref. plane 4" from the jamb ( as it sounds you have done and not make it the origin. You can still place the door exactly using the snaps and temp. dimensions. Then you can align/lock the door ref. plane to the adjacent wall.

Gadget Man
2006-03-31, 06:19 AM
Still on a similar topic...

Aaron, maybe you (or somebody else) will know why my door tags always justify themselves just a little bit off center - as if they had a one "space" character (blank) typed at the end of their name.
I have checked and re-checked many times the Family Type names (in the Family Editor, where, I think, the contents of the tags is taken from) and they all seem all right, but when I insert a window (with a tag), the tag is again a little off center.

aaronrumple
2006-03-31, 03:53 PM
Still on a similar topic...

Aaron, maybe you (or somebody else) will know why my door tags always justify themselves just a little bit off center - as if they had a one "space" character (blank) typed at the end of their name.
I have checked and re-checked many times the Family Type names (in the Family Editor, where, I think, the contents of the tags is taken from) and they all seem all right, but when I insert a window (with a tag), the tag is again a little off center.

Your own custom tag or factory tag?