PDA

View Full Version : Convert Splines to Polylines

juliefrancoeur109665
2006-03-31, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to AUGI and I could really use your help. I'm doing graphic design with Autocad right now and I'm having a really hard time. I need to import Illustrator files to Autocad and have Polylines, NOT SPLINES. My drawings are sent to an engineer who works with Gibbs and it doesn't work with splines.

I am a beginner with Autocad, so please explain step by step and don't hesitate to send my links or anything you can find...

THANKS

Opie
2006-03-31, 07:40 PM
Have a look at this tip from the AutoCAD Knowledge Base provided by Autodesk.

ID: TS69659 - Convert a spline to a polyline for conversion to a third-party product (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2866473&linkID=2475323)

juliefrancoeur109665
2006-03-31, 07:58 PM
Thanks Opie,
I guess I have an other problem, I can't try you tip because Autocad freezes within a minute of opening my Illustrator DWG. I don't know if the fact that I use Autocad 2000 has something to do with it.

Does that happen to anyone else?

Opie
2006-03-31, 08:01 PM
I can't help you there, since I don't deal with Illustrator.

Have you tried to Recover the drawing? (found in the File Menu -> Drawing Utilities) or Audit (also found in the same place)

Wanderer
2006-03-31, 09:31 PM
julie, I'm going to move this from the Software forum to here, as I believe it will be served better. Thanks! :)
Hi everyone,
I'm new to AUGI and I could really use your help. I'm doing graphic design with Autocad right now and I'm having a really hard time. I need to import Illustrator files to Autocad and have Polylines, NOT SPLINES. My drawings are sent to an engineer who works with Gibbs and it doesn't work with splines.

I am a beginner with Autocad, so please explain step by step and don't hesitate to send my links or anything you can find...

THANKS

Mike.Perry
2006-03-31, 11:58 PM
Hi

Maybe also try the information found in the following thread...

splines to polylines

Have a good one, Mike

rkmcswain
2006-04-01, 12:46 AM
I need to import Illustrator files to Autocad and have Polylines, NOT SPLINES. My drawings are sent to an engineer who works with Gibbs and it doesn't work with splines.

THANKS

You don't have to mess with lisp files or anything like that.

Use WMFOUT to create a WMF file of the splines.
Erase the splines from the drawing
Then use WMFIN to reimport the splines, except they will come in as polylines. Scale 2X and use upper left of viewport as insertion point.

You might even be able to import the WMF files into Illustrator and skip the second AutoCAD step.

Olaf.Banckaert
2006-04-03, 09:14 AM
Thanks Opie,
I guess I have an other problem, I can't try you tip because Autocad freezes within a minute of opening my Illustrator DWG. I don't know if the fact that I use Autocad 2000 has something to do with it.

Does that happen to anyone else?

Try to import it as a block and then save it in Acad. After saving do a purge and save again.