PDA

View Full Version : Door visibility in sections

Gerhard
2004-05-06, 05:23 AM
Just realized that if a section is drawn within of the opening of a door, it might be that the door appears in the section, even if the section view is not in the direction of the door.
The room depth where I do have problems is between 1 to 2m. Narrow bathrooms, were I would like to show the pattern of the wall tiles!

Is there a possibility to override the view settings, exept the solution of moving the section out of the door area / close to facing wall?
That option has the disatvantage, that certain things, as toilets and sinks would not show!

Any suggestions?

Gerhard

beegee
2004-05-06, 06:15 AM
Open the door family and then go to 3d view and select the head of the opening cut and tab through until you get the "opening cut" to show and then select.
Check the option bar to see if the "3d" and "elevation" boxes are checked.
The elevation box should be checked to prevent the problem you're having.

Gerhard
2004-05-06, 06:41 AM
thanks beeggee

a closer check showed, that it is actually the elevation swing (projection) line which is showing.

i checked the family (M-Single flush.rfa).
for that specific line is under visibility a check box "show only if instance cut".
By checking that box, lines do not appear any longer, but also they are gone in the elevation view. Is there no "to have both"??

Gerhard