PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Multi Category tag in Revit 8

nikhilfegade
2006-04-03, 05:56 AM
Hi, I have used multi category tag in revit 6.1 to tag railings but when i tried to do it in revit 8 i was unsuccessful. I tried it many times...but couldn't do it. Also if you try to open a new file in revit 6.1, create a railing and tag is using multi category tag and then open the same file in revit 8 (upgrade)...and error pops out saying " the multi category tag will be deleted". Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Niks

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-04-03, 06:08 AM
Have you opened the tag family and upgraded it to R8?

Do you have any shared parameters in the tag file?

nikhilfegade
2006-04-03, 06:54 AM
Hi...thanks for a reply. Yes, i've upgraded the tag family also. Also ihave got shared parameters in the tag file too.

I also tried doing this entire process using revit 8 so that i don't have to upgrade anything...but still i was unsuccessful.

Further I tired to tag furniture in revit 8 using same process and I could do it. So still wondering why doesn't it work with Railings only.

Thanks,
Niks

Have you opened the tag family and upgraded it to R8?

Do you have any shared parameters in the tag file?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-04-03, 07:17 AM
Niks,

Upload the tag family file and the shared parameter file and I'll have a look.

Melarch
2006-04-03, 12:19 PM
Are the shared parameters from these families being found by Revit 8. did you transfer or recreate these shared parameters in a Revit 8 shared parameter text file or path the Revit 6 file so Revit 8 could fine the shared parameters.

nikhilfegade
2006-04-05, 10:53 PM
Hi to both who replied me,

I've attached the revit test file with this msg. I hope you can guide me to solve this problem now.

Thanks a lot,

Rgds,
Nikhil

nikhilfegade
2006-04-07, 01:52 AM
Hello all,

I haven't still got any help regarding this Multi category tag for railings in revit 8. Has anybody tried doing this earlier?

Nikhil