PDA

View Full Version : Options & edit cut profile

Nic M.
2004-05-06, 12:08 PM
I'm editing a design option and want to use the edit cut profile option,
I can use the tool but wile in sketch mode, the lines exist only in the main model.
So I can draw a edit cut profile line in a design option but I can not edit it in the same design option, I have to go to the main model, select the cut profile and only then I can edit.

I know its because a edit cut profile is a detail component and view specific. But I want to be able when I'm in sketch mode to change my just drawn lines.

I hope this makes sence.

aggockel50321
2004-05-06, 12:29 PM
You'll have to copy and paste the wall that you want to edit from the main model into the design option.

Nic M.
2004-05-06, 12:33 PM
In this case it's a cieling I want to edit and the cieling is part of the design option I'm editing

aggockel50321
2004-05-06, 03:57 PM
Same, Nick.

Copy the ceiling into the design option. Err... I mean cut & paste the ceiling into the design option(s).

Nic M.
2004-05-06, 05:54 PM
Andrew,
Thanks for reply,
But the cieling IS part of the design option

It seems that when I'm working in a design option and use the edit cut profiile tool the sketch lines turn to greyed out magenta lines and ones sketched can't be edited again, I have to get out of the current design option to edit them again

see attach

irwin
2004-05-08, 03:16 AM
It seems that when I'm working in a design option and use the edit cut profiile tool the sketch lines turn to greyed out magenta lines and ones sketched can't be edited again, I have to get out of the current design option to edit them again

You don't have to get out of the option in order to edit these lines. Just uncheck "Active Option Only" in the Modify tool option bar.

In general, the intention is that view-specific modifications to things in options should be done without editing any option, in a view that is set to show that option. However, Edit Cut Profile doesn't allow selecting elements in options without editing the option. I'll see if we can get that changed.

Nic M.
2004-05-08, 08:19 AM
I overlooked the "active option only" option"

Thanks Irwin,
works for me now