PDA

View Full Version : Profile does not save in Map 3D

gisdude
2006-04-04, 09:13 PM
Hi all.
About 2 or 3 months ago I had to do repair/reinstall of Autocad 2005 on a WIN2K machine.
I have no complaints about my repaired installation, except my profiles won't save. Whenever I open up AutoCad Map, I don't get my express profile or Raster design won't me loaded either.
So every time I open up my repaired installation, I have to go to --> tools --> options -->profiles.

I want to know why this keeps happening. If the profile is stored locally(c:\\autodesk\ldt2005) then is should save. Keep in mind, I do have admin rights to install and uninstall programs and such.

I do think however, there might be profiles that are stored on another network drive. But if it's the c drive, it should still save.
Also, when i do set the profile "current", the "apply" button is still greyed out.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike.Perry
2006-04-04, 09:19 PM
<SNIP>

Whenever I open up AutoCad Map, I don't get my express profile or Raster design won't me loaded either.
<SNIP>

I want to know why this keeps happening. If the profile is stored locally(c:\\autodesk\ldt2005) then is should save.

<SNIP>Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Customization (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118) forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

rkmcswain
2006-04-04, 10:44 PM
Hi all.
So every time I open up my repaired installation, I have to go to --> tools --> options -->profiles.

Is your startup icon loading a particular profile? If not, have you tried setting it so that it loads the one you want?
http://aec.cadalyst.com/aec/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=142858

I want to know why this keeps happening. If the profile is stored locally(c:\\autodesk\ldt2005) then is should save. Keep in mind, I do have admin rights to install and uninstall programs and such.

Profile information is stored in the registry. Do you have rights to write to the registry?

MHultgren
2006-04-05, 02:48 PM
. If the profile is stored locally(c:\\autodesk\ldt2005)
RLong, I think your problem may be the path is wrong. Note the double\\ after C: Try changing this to a single \ like C:\autodesk\ldt2005 and see if that helps.