PDA

View Full Version : Line break to text

rachelgadd
2006-04-05, 09:50 AM
Can text be edited to have line breaks as you can do in most windows packages (i.e shift + return)? I had been told it was in earlier versions of Revit, but I can not find the shortcut key or command now. Has it been removed from the latest versions? We currently have to space bar along until the next line!

ejburrell67787
2006-04-05, 10:21 AM
Just hit return when you are editing the text.

Is that what you mean or did I misunderstand your question?

rachelgadd
2006-04-05, 11:02 AM
Just hit return when you are editing the text.

Is that what you mean or did I misunderstand your question?

Thanks - but you have misunderstood.........

Further information: the only LABEL in a sheet that you can press return in to get a new line for text is in the project address (under settings). All other LABELS in a sheet (ie drawing title) are single lines. If you keep entering text it will word wrap as defined in the family. However we want to enter in, for example, a drawing title line 1 and then have a hard carriage return to enter in the next drawing title line 2, rather than pressing lots of spaces to drop in the wrapping zone. If you press return it justs takes you out of the command.

ejburrell67787
2006-04-05, 11:09 AM
Ah well, it is different for labels! Yes I think what you have found is the only way of doing it in labels.

You might be able to edit the titleblock family and create your own labels with more than 1 line in them, but I haven't had to do this so couldn't say for sure.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

elmoleaf
2009-05-08, 06:28 PM
CTRL-M will force a carriage return in a label.