PDA

View Full Version : Visibility of Level Lines for Different Structures

Henry D
2003-05-30, 04:17 PM
I have a project with two separate structures which have only the Grade Level in common (House & detached Garage) . When I set up a sheet for the Garage, all the House levels show up. How do I make two sets of levels so they are only visible on their appropriate sheets?

Thanks a lot

GS Fulton
2003-05-30, 04:23 PM
I think you have to manually hide or move them. If there's an easier way, I'd really like to know.

GF

Yman
2003-05-30, 04:30 PM
I think you can use a scope box to do this. Not sure as I haven't had to do this yet but remember some tutorials mentioning it. Check out the help.

Y

Henry D
2003-05-30, 04:42 PM
I have a call into Revit Tech support about this - I couldn't get through, I hope they are OK, I started a Workset Web Seminar yesterday and the Revit guy had to bolt in the middle of it because there was a fire alarm in the building. I'll let you know what they recommend on this level line question.

sbrown
2003-05-30, 04:44 PM
You need to place those grids on the workset for the 2nd bldg. then you can turn everything off for that bldg.

or you could use scope boxes, but only use those if you aren't using worksets.

Yman
2003-05-30, 05:29 PM
Good one Scott. Duh :banghead: forgot about that.

Y

Henry D
2003-05-30, 09:14 PM
Tech Support suggested that it might be simpler than scope boxes to right click the level line and select "Hide Annotation in View". I found that the scope box solution was much faster than right clicking 6 level lines in 5 different views.

Thanks for your help

David Conant
2003-06-02, 02:36 PM
Using Hide Annotation in This View is reasonable if there is only one view where you need to do the hiding. Scope box was designed specifically to handle the condition where a single project has more than one set of datums (grids, levels, and ref planes) and there are many views where some but not all will be visible. Once you have the scope box structure set up, associate datums with the appropriate scope box. You can then turn whole groups on and off, by view, by changing which scope boxes are visible in a view. All views know about the scope boxes amking it much easier to get new views set up correctly.
Some cases for use:
Two adjacent portions of a building that have different grids or levels and appear on different sheets.
Grids and levels that will appear in details but not in whole building views.
Different levels for sitework and building construction that should not appear in views of the other discipline.

ajayholland
2003-06-02, 03:01 PM
Also, scope boxes can be rotated, to bring an entire model segment to a different orientation. Grids, levels and reference planes all have a "scope box" property.

Think of these as "global" callouts. And, unlike earlier versions, setting the scope box selection to "none" will return the model view to its original orientation.

-AJH

sbrown
2003-06-02, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the tip, this is realatively new, I used scope boxes way back and I don't think they had the visibility dialog box.