PDA

View Full Version : DWF is unusable

erikbjur
2006-04-05, 04:44 PM
I was totally sold on DWF until I really looked at the output of the drawings. I am in love with the ability for revit text to hide what is behind the text. I use this all the time because it really makes the drawings very easy to read. I was shocked to see that this "wipe out" does not print to DWF. This is unacceptable for a product that is being pushed by Autodesk as the future. PDF works great and is now my only option for sending drawings. Am I missing something or does DWF format just not work as well. Check out the two files and the beam label. The PDF version is readable and clean. The DWF version looks like a mess because the wipe out did not work.

erikbjur
2006-04-05, 06:43 PM
I just contacted Revit support. They are awsome by the way. 2 hours later my problem is fixed. I had to download the new DWF version, and then rename my printer. Problem solved. Now we will see if the plotting company I use can handle these files. Before, they came out fuzzy. Maybe this will fix that problem too.

Scott D Davis
2006-04-05, 08:43 PM
make sure to NOT use a "white filled region" as a wipeout, also. Use a filled region set to "No Pattern" to create wipeouts in Revit that export nicely to DWG (and presumably DWF)

erikbjur
2006-04-06, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess I was speaking about the wipe out that is built into the text object. Thanks for the tip. I have a bunch of families that use a white background for a filled region. I usualy never export and thus haven't seen any problems. I will update those familes the way you suggested.