PDA

View Full Version : Topography cut pattern

patricks
2006-04-05, 06:07 PM
Is it possible to have an earth pattern showing in some views where topography is cut, and have no pattern in other views?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-04-05, 06:30 PM
Now that you mention it, I don't think there is. You could use filled regions to white out the areas you don't want to see.

patricks
2006-04-05, 07:02 PM
Well sometimes I do use a blank filled region to represent the ground plane against a building in elevation. Problem is on my current project, I have Tuscan columns supporting a canopy out in front of the building, and the base of the columns is lower than grade level back against the building, so doing a filled region and having to go around the columns would be pretty tedious. I was wanting to just use my topography, but in a building elevation the earth fill pattern tends to be pretty distracting.

DanielleAnderson
2006-04-05, 07:37 PM
You could use the pick tool to trace over the topo cut line and then hide the topo, I've had to do this quite a bit and it works well. You can even lock the traced lines so they flex.

Heitman Architects
2006-09-21, 01:32 PM
I wish there was a less "band-aid" way to do this as well.

I would like to show an earth pattern in my wall sections, but not on my elevations. The tracing of the contour lines seems to work best. Another way I have achieved this is to override the cut pattern color in an elevation view and turn it to white. The only problem with that is that we like to show our foundations dashed and the white earth cut pattern overlaps them, yielding a 'funky' result. A possible third option is to not have a cut pattern in your topography and to add fill patterns of earth in your sections. (One step forward, two steps back!)

The solution would be a course-view setting to the topography just as you can do with walls...