PDA

View Full Version : Revit Floors

eldad
2006-04-06, 01:09 AM
/vent
Just for the record, I really really HATE Revit floors! it's all good on a simple geometry floor, as soon as you move to a more complex floor, things start to go crazy, the truth is that I can never trust floors to stay and behave, and this is a real problem when it's time to document. I'm sick and tired of fixing floors again and again, I never attach my floor to anything, yet it seems to do so on its own...
when can we get proper floors working, one might think that version 5.1 should have fixed that!
</vent finish>
from now on all floors are external families... just wish I would have done this earlier on this project...
that's it for me and venting :)

Steve_Stafford
2006-04-06, 02:47 AM
Have you tried using massing as the floor manager instead? Depending on the vagueries of your building design a floor as family is a very slick way to go but using massing can manage them nearly as well except for propagating slab recesses where Floor as family wins. I like massing alot and managing floor slab changes per level is pretty slick...like in this massing messing around I did awhile back.

eldad
2006-04-06, 02:53 AM
Like you sais Steve, I put all the structural info into the floors, beams, recesses... so massing will be a bit harder to manage. the problem I have now is that's it's a bit late for me to jump into external family, so till the end of the project i'll always going to check and recheck my floors, a job i rather not do. set and forget.

used to have alot of problems with floors in 5 and 6.1, things got better in 7 and i assumed the days of bad floors are over, :)