PDA

View Full Version : Elevation tag 'work around'

jcdecastro
2006-04-06, 01:15 AM
Has anyone thought of starting a poll to see if ANYONE and I mean ANYONE likes the revit elevation tag?...the odd looking boxes and circles on plans.

I was told there is a magic work-around for making elevation tags look .....'good' and i could get it in the augi forum.

Can someone tell me what it is.

I am hoping its not hide tag in view and place a dummy elevation tag and update it manually.

I also have a project requirement to show the view number, sheet where the view is placed and the referece sheet in section tags...am I asking for too much?

Jose'

patricks
2006-04-06, 01:42 AM
reference sheet? Wouldn't that be the sheet that you're currently looking at where you see the tag? I don't understand the need for that.

But no I don't know of any workarounds.

Tom Dorner
2006-04-06, 02:08 AM
The workaround most often cited is to use a section, hide the tail and drag the section line all the way to the section head until it disappears. The biggest downside to this is that now your "elevations" show up as "sections" in the project browser. Other than that it works fine. It also does have an advantage that you can "jog" your elevation since it is a section and you can "jog" those but not elevations.

jcdecastro
2006-04-06, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the info.

Hopefully one day we get a break on the elevation tag.

Noting reference sheet in each section/detail is a county requirement and not the office standard.

I am sure the contractors and anyone checking the drawings appreciate it when they have a circular reference between details and plans. The requirement even goes a step further to list 'all' sheets where the section/detail is shown with a leader from the tag (on the left hand side).

The complaint about the elevation tag has been well documented from early releases so i won't even bother to ask for the extra listing off all references in a wish list, it seems that at this point just about everyone has given up on the issue.

DanielleAnderson
2006-04-06, 03:56 PM
THIS (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=27870&highlight=elevation) is the thread I posted a while back...I sure wish we could make our own custom elevation tags...