PDA

View Full Version : toposurface(surface pattern)

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-04-06, 05:39 AM
Hey Reviteers

Hope some one can help.
I'm helping a landscape architect with a project and I'm having some problems with my toposurface.I need to show surface pattern on my toposuface but I can get it to work.HELP.

funkman
2006-04-06, 06:14 AM
Topos do not support surface patterns I am afraid (yet). Best to use a transparent filled region if needed.

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-04-06, 06:21 AM
So when I have a 3D view of the site and I don't want to render it there is no way I'll be able to see a surface pattern.That is a problem.

jjjschoeman
2006-04-06, 06:50 AM
hi

Dont you have a accurender pattern? that you can split surface and give it that finish so that when you render you see it?

Cause revit doesnt render according to surface patterns does it only to what accurender you specify?

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-04-06, 07:07 AM
It is fine when I render. but the whole thing is that I would like to show it in a shaded view with a pattern in my 3D view.

Max Lloyd
2006-04-06, 07:49 AM
The only thing that may help, and its not pretty....

If by chance the site areas you want to apply a pattern to are flat, you could use a series of floors to represent the site. These can have materials applied to them easily.

Alternatively you could model an object to the shape of your site and apply a textured material to that.

Otherwise, the fact is you simply can't apply a surface pattern to a site. (I have no idea why not though?)

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-04-06, 07:59 AM
Thanks guys for all the help.

Max sounds like I'll have to model it up and the place it on my site.thanks I'll try that.

But I wish they would put surface patterns for Toposurface in Revit 9, Revit 10 ..........