PDA

View Full Version : Design Options

rkulczynski1882
2004-05-07, 03:01 PM
Long time reader first time poster.

I am working on a project with two different roof schemes, a flat roof and a gable roof. I want to add another design option of a gable roof. I created another design option under the option set, but everytime that I want to add the roof to the new design option it keeps giving me an error that the object is already a part of a design option. Any suggestions? Thank You.

aggockel50321
2004-05-07, 03:13 PM
If I understand your question correctly, try this.

Set up a view for each design option, setting the view visibility for it's corresponding option.

Make the option you want to add the roof to editible.

Go to the view that has the roof you want. Uncheck the "active option only" box above, select the roof, & copy it to the clipboard.

Go back to the design option view where you want to place the roof, & paste it in.

rkulczynski1882
2004-05-07, 03:29 PM
That seems to work. Man that's a long way to go, but it gets the job done. Thank you for you help.

-Raf

JamesVan
2004-05-07, 03:52 PM
Could this not be accomplished by selecting the Gable option you already have and selecting Duplicate in the Design Options window?

irwin
2004-05-08, 03:21 AM
Add to Option Set removes the element from Main Model and adds copies of the element to one or more options in the option set. You are trying to do something different.

If an element is already in an option and you want the same element in another option you should create the new option by duplicating the old option. If, instead, you decide to copy the element later then use Copy to Clipboard, and Paste Algined | Same Place. By using the Same Place option in Paste Aligned, you assure that it goes to the right place without having to manually position it. Also, if you use Same Place then the software knows that the new element is related to the original, and it can use that fact to maintain relationships to other elements. (If you create the option by duplicating another option it also knows about the relationship.)

Also note that there is no need to change views. In a view whose visibility/graphics is set to Automatic for the option set in question, edit the option containing the element, select the element, Copy to Clipboard, edit the option into which you want to place the copy, Paste Aligned | Same Place.