PDA

View Full Version : Attributes do not move as Section Indicator Block changes

naughtyhorse
2006-04-06, 02:41 PM
I'm trying to make a dynamic block of a section indicator, to show where a particular section on a drawing refers to. Obviously some sections will be narrow and some will be wide, ah-ha says I, we can use a dynamic block for that!.
But each section needs its own identifier (A-A, B-B etc.) easy, we can use attributes for that.
a few moments later, we have a couple of arrows, a couple of lines and a pair of attributes, add a linear param, then a move action, attach the action to the parameter, select all the stuff we want to move.
easy!
don't work!

the attribute wont move as part of the block, I had a look at mark.62793's (odd surname, oh well) page and he mentioned the lock state of the attribute, tried changing the state of the stubborn attrib, no difference, tried re-creating the bock and attributes from scratch - to be sure the lock state was right from the start, still no change!
any ideas anyone?

esdeyo
2006-04-06, 08:28 PM
I'm stumped. Can anyone else take a shot?

Mike.Perry
2006-04-06, 10:12 PM
<SNIP>

the attribute wont move as part of the block, I had a look at mark.62793's (odd surname, oh well) page and he mentioned the lock state of the attribute, tried changing the state of the stubborn attrib, no difference, tried re-creating the bock and attributes from scratch - to be sure the lock state was right from the start, still no change!
any ideas anyone?Hi

Is this ( Duplicate Attribute entries in Dynamic Blocks (http://mdouglas.blogs.com/in_the_dynamic_interface/2005/09/duplicate_attri.html) ) the blog post by Mark Douglas you are referring to ?

Have a good one, Mike

naughtyhorse
2006-04-07, 12:19 AM
Hi

Is this ( Duplicate Attribute entries in Dynamic Blocks (http://mdouglas.blogs.com/in_the_dynamic_interface/2005/09/duplicate_attri.html) ) the blog post by Mark Douglas you are referring to ?

Have a good one, Mike

nope it wasn't, but it is helpfull as both attributes contain the same value, i think - it's middle of the night here, i'll look more closley in the morning.
Thanks for that

naughtyhorse
2006-04-07, 07:51 AM
Hi

Have a good one, Mike

whoa!
yes!!! that is exactly the kind of doo-hickey I was looking for.
perfect.
Thank you very much.
and extra special thanks to mark for doing all the work.

BrenBren
2006-04-07, 02:28 PM
I'm trying to make a dynamic block of a section indicator, to show where a particular section on a drawing refers to. Obviously some sections will be narrow and some will be wide, ah-ha says I, we can use a dynamic block for that!.
But each section needs its own identifier (A-A, B-B etc.) easy, we can use attributes for that.
a few moments later, we have a couple of arrows, a couple of lines and a pair of attributes, add a linear param, then a move action, attach the action to the parameter, select all the stuff we want to move.
easy!
don't work!

any ideas anyone?

I have been trying to do the same thing, and when I actually read the command line, I found that when I select the attribute to include in the stretch, it reads

Select objects:
1 unlocked AttDef filtered from selection.

It is not moving because it is not selecting the attribute, but why?

naughtyhorse
2006-04-18, 10:40 AM
I have been trying to do the same thing, and when I actually read the command line, I found that when I select the attribute to include in the stretch, it reads

Select objects:
1 unlocked AttDef filtered from selection.

It is not moving because it is not selecting the attribute, but why?

I found out what went wrong!
It was the attribute status, I inially created the attributes in model space, but with the lock status set incorrectly, then i tired deleting the attribute in the block editor and re creating them with the correct lock state - still didn't work. In desperation I started again from scratch this time creating the attributes in model space with the correct lock state, and it works!
It seems that creating the attribute in the block editor was causing the problem!

thanks all