PDA

View Full Version : How to edit a shared parameter?

patricks
2006-04-06, 03:04 PM
I have a parameter in my door schedule called "Pair", because we show the sizes of each leaf in our schedule, and then indicate whether or not it's a pair of doors or single. Right now the Pair parameter is a shared parameter, of Yes/No type. In the door's type properties, it shows as a check box. If the box is checked, a Yes appears in the schedule. If it is unchecked, it appears as a No in the schedule.

I would like to change it to something else, i.e. where it only shows an X in the Pair column if it is a pair of doors, and nothing if it is a single door. However when I try to modify or edit that Pair parameter, I can't do anything except modify the name or where the parameter is grouped. The parameter type option is grayed out. Any ideas?

aggockel50321
2006-04-06, 06:18 PM
I think if you want to make the parameter a different type, you'd have to go to the shared parameter schedule, delete it, and then recreate it.

If you have a lot of projects using the parameter, it might make more sense to create a new parmeter of the type you want, and then substitute it in your schedule.