PDA

View Full Version : What To Do With AutoCAD Detail Library?

dgreen.49364
2006-04-06, 05:51 PM
I'm curious as to the strategy others have used regarding using the old AutoCAD detail libraries after making the switch to Revit.

Currently, we are doing construction documents in Revit and detail sheets in AutoCAD, using our standard AutoCAD detail libraries. I understand the Revit drafting views and how to use them and HAVE used them. In our company we are trying to figure out the best way to deal with standard details and our AutoCAD detail which is fairly extensive and based on CSI sections.

Do we:

a. Make a bunch of drafting views and load up the Revit template with a bunch of "standard" drafting views and delete the un-used ones at the end of the project?

b. Create a Revit detail library by converting the AutoCAD library dwgs files over to RVT files and link said RVT files into project file.

c. Continue to work as we have using Revit for all model related construction docs and AutoCAD for our details sheets.

d. Set up a separate project file with nothing but drafting views strictly for detail sheets.

e. None of the above.....

I would like to hear how others are dealing with this. Thanks.

aaronrumple
2006-04-06, 05:59 PM
I'm curious as to the strategy others have used regarding using the old AutoCAD detail libraries after making the switch to Revit.R9 will give you all the options you want, so any option you listed will be practical. And even some new ones.

tc3dcad60731
2006-04-06, 06:08 PM
Aaron is right! I can't wait, oh, I can't wait! :-)