PDA

View Full Version : image rotation

tect75
2006-04-06, 09:18 PM
is it possible to rotate an image to an arbitrary angle. example my plot plan is set to project north and true north has been rotated to the correct bearing. when i import the image it imports the 8x14 image straight. i need to rotate the image a few degrees to align with the property line on the plot plan. probably only 4-5 degrees or so. point is i do not need to rotate it 90 degrees. can i rotate to an arbitryary degree or am i sol.

dfriesen
2006-04-06, 09:25 PM
can i rotate to an arbitryary degree or am i sol.
You're sol until next week (or whenever Revit 9 comes out). Thankfully, that is going to be possible in 9!

tect75
2006-04-06, 09:32 PM
damn, but i need it now :lol: i will just take solice in the fact that i want to do something that the software cant do.does that mean im smarter than the software? anyway, thanks

Roger Evans
2006-04-06, 09:51 PM
does that mean im smarter than the software? anyway, thanks

Excellent News

Actually it means that a lot of people have requested it before & have been waiting very patiently for it.

aggockel50321
2006-04-07, 12:55 PM
This may or may not help.

You can align the image with the view in a back door fashion in 8.x.

Turn on a crop region in the view, select it, & rotate the view to align with the image.

BWG
2006-04-07, 01:55 PM
Try rotating the image in a photo editor to the correct degree, then import it.

Roger Evans
2006-04-07, 04:23 PM
Try rotating the image in a photo editor to the correct degree, then import it.

That's what I do now but first I have to load into revit to read the angle needed

tomnewsom
2006-04-10, 11:56 AM
That's what I do now but first I have to load into revit to read the angle needed

If you're in photoshop, use the Measure tool (same button as the eyedropper, click+hold to reveal it) - drag the measure along a line that's horizontal or vertical in your image (ie, the angle you want to align to) and then go Image-Roate Canvas-Arbitrary. The angle of the measure line will be automatically entered in the dialog box. Hit enter. Tada!