PDA

View Full Version : Plan Region Question

Joef
2004-05-07, 07:53 PM
I am trying to use the plan region feature to hide an exterior set of stairs that shows up in my basement plan. I thought I would place a plan region over the stair and the lower the cut plane so that it doesn't appear. I have done this. The visibility of the stairs does not change even the slightest no matter what the settings in the view range of the plan region. However a column that intersects the view range can be made to appear and disappear with the view range settings. I am extremely puzzled by the behaviour of this feature. If someone could enlighten me I would be very grateful.

Also, I avoided using this feature at first because it states in the documentation that the plan regions do not print. I think what they mean is that the outline of the plan regions do not print. I hope this is the case at any rate.

gregcashen
2004-05-07, 08:36 PM
I think what they mean is that the outline of the plan regions do not print. I hope this is the case at any rate.

Yes.

Joef
2004-05-08, 05:37 AM
So my question is:

1. Is it correct that items that intersect the plan region are affected by the changes in the settings, but not the actual area underneath the plan region?(this has been my experience)

2. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

I have changed the view range settings over and over and I cannot change the appearance of anything that is actually enclosed in the plan region. I can however cause the footing underneath some columns that intersect the plan region to appear and disappear.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Joe

LRaiz
2004-05-08, 01:00 PM
What version of Revit and what build number are you using? Plan regions used to have a bug that could manifest itself similar to your description but it was fixed some time ago.

- LR

Joef
2004-05-08, 02:06 PM
Using build 20040322_2136 (Revit 6.1).

Joe

jabberwoki
2004-06-29, 07:27 PM
I had a similar problem, with a guest wc positioned beneath a landing. Plan region refused to show it, no matter what I did to the levels. I eventually split the stairs creating two seperate flights and a slab over the toilet to form the landing! - using revit 6.1 build 20040404_2100?

Joef
2004-06-29, 08:01 PM
One of the things I found out after a great deal of wasted time is that the plan region only works on walls. Why this essential bit of knowledge is not incuded in the documentation, even under "plan region tips" is a mystery.

luigi
2004-06-29, 08:21 PM
I just tried it and it worked with the stairs. I tried the scenario that the region is being cut above the stairs and the stairs disappeared....Maybe in another scenario it doesn't work?
I'm using Build # 20040616_2100